Monday, March 21, 2011

The 2 a.m. wake up call

Don't you just hate waking up at 2 a.m. to the sound of your child throwing up? That was yesterday morning for me. It scared me because Bug was still half asleep and was throwing up. I am yelling at him to wake up and my husband halfway wakes up and wants to know what in the world is wrong with me. I spent the next 4 hours running back and forth to the bathroom with Bug and of course having to change the sheets again and our pajamas yet again.

Went to the pediatrician (thank goodness they have started having Sunday hours!) and he has a stomach virus that is going around. Thank the Good Lord for Phenergan gel!!! I have one of those children who refuses to take medicine the old fashioned way. He hates medicine!!! He begged me all day yesterday to please give him some milk and put some medicine in the cup. Luckily, with the Phenergan gel, you just rub it on his temple. (and go wash your hands or you will get sleepy!) What a wonderful creation!

Last night, he went to his bed on his own, without Mommy because he said that he needed to go get some rest. Bug does not go to bed without Mommy and he does not go to HIS bed!! That tells you just how sick he feels right now.

This morning, he said that his belly was a little better...that is, until the diarrhea began. So, here we are waiting for this nasty bug to decide to leave my son's body (and come to mine, we all know it's coming!) Then, I need to disinfect this house to get rid of those nasty germs. Please say a little prayer that this virus resolves quickly. Bug needs to feel better soon. He is wearing Mommy out, since he doesn't like me out of his sight right now. I am not getting anything else done, but that is ok. Bug is what is most important :)

No comments:

Post a Comment