Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Gonna "use" the OT for my benefit!

Okay, I am not a person that likes to "use" another person. I think it is mean or even cruel in most instances. But, after yesterday, I decided that I needed to use Miss L for my benefit. When I got Bug off from the bus stop, he was climbing in the third row seats with his friend and as he was climbing back there, he was pulling his weighted blanket back there and putting it on himself. I acknowledged just how proud I was of him for taking that step and doing it by himself. He responds with "Miss L told me too!" Well, this idea popped right into my head that I need to use her (I mean my kid will not listen to me and he will listen to her, why not use her, right?) and have her to tell him that he needs to try new foods.

Wait, I do have to go back and say that we are working on a new food and for the last three days, I have been able to get him to eat very small, tiny pieces of the lunch meat that is packed in those lunchables with the crackers, meat and cheese. I have had to bribe him with oreos to get him to do it, but hey, you do what you gotta do! He has not thrown it up immediately, which is a major plus!!! I have gotten frustrated and given up so many times because he would instantly throw up whatever bite he had just eaten. I am so delighted! If only you could see the smile on my face right now :)

Anyway, back to the using Miss L, I have emailed her and I am hoping that she will agree to my using her and won't think too bad of me...

I also spoke to his special education teacher, Mrs C for a few minutes this morning and she said that he has responded well to the daily brushing that she administers. I am starting to feel a little better, but still waiting to hear about the Speech Evaluation.

No comments:

Post a Comment