Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Yucky virus!

The last few days have been horrible in our house. I already said that Bug was vomiting on Sunday. Well, the vomiting turned to diarrhea on Monday and he ended up in the Emergency Room late Monday night for IV fluids. He was just not himself, sleeping alot, moaning and was making me pack him back and forth to the bathroom. That is so NOT my little Bug. Luckily for us, he was so sick that he didn't give up a fight when we went to the hospital.

I am so very glad that I remembered to take our trusty ole weighted blanket for reinforcement. He wanted it on him while we were in the waiting room and we kept it on him the whole time we were there. I am also grateful that we got a very understanding doctor and nurses that were very patient with him. That was my big fear, that they would get rough and mean with him when he decided to throw a fit. It did take 2 nurses along with my husband and myself to hold him for the IV. He just didn't understand why we were hurting him :( He begged for us to take him home...tears me up when I think about it.

He had a fever and the only way that I can get him to take his medicine is to put it in his milk. Well, we all know that you aren't supposed to have milk when you have vomiting/diarrhea, but that is my only option and when you have a fever...you do what you gotta do. Luckily again, the doctor was okay with it and the nurse brought him some milk and tylenol. Of course, it wasn't the flavor that he likes in his favorite "milk cup" at home, so he refused to drink it. We ended up promising that we make him a cup as soon as we get home and having him drink it then. Wouldn't you know that he decided to put up a fight when we got home and we spent the next hour begging him to drink the milk so that we didn't have to go back to the hospital.

So, here we are, it is Wednesday and after going back to pediatrician yesterday and ruled out other possible causes for his illness, he is still sick. He has still got diarrhea and weakness. He is not having me pack him to the bathroom everytime, so that is an improvement. He has no interest in food for the forth day straight, but is starting to drink some Gatoraide. Please pray that we are going over the hump!

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment