Thursday, March 17, 2011

Today is a special anniversary

Yes, today is March 17, St Patricks Day. That is not the reason for our special anniversary though. One year ago today, Bug finally began to "poop in the potty!" We began to think that the day was never going to come. He would freak out at the thought of doing it. He didn't have any trouble with #1, he had been doing that since he was 2. We tried everything, right up to plain ole bribery. I told him that I would take him to Wal-Mart, Toys r us, it didn't matter! It didn't work...

Last year, he spent the night with his Nana and Papaw and when Bug took off for a minute, Papaw went looking for him and he was trying to put on a pull up by himself and he was having trouble. Papaw said "Let's go try the potty" and he finally did it. Papaw thinks that he just couldn't wait any longer and didn't put up any kind of fight, he just did it! I remember the phone call just like it was yesterday, Bug called me to tell me that he did it and he was so excited that I almost couldn't understand what he said.

Earlier this week, his art teacher had mentioned to my friend at school that Bug had announced in class to everyone that he had just pooped at school. Lol! Just another journey for us. We had such a hard time getting him to go to a strange potty because of his fear of the loud flushing noises.

So, today I think I will bask in the glory of such a happy anniversary for us :)

Happy Potty Anniversary Bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment