Thursday, March 10, 2011

The light went out!

Well, the light yesterday burned out. I got an email from Bug's special education teacher letting me know that Bug was having a bad morning. I called her to find out what was happening. I mentioned that Bug does not like changes in routines and has a hard time dealing with them. I knew that his teacher was going to be out today, so I did talk to him about it and explained to him that things were gonna be a little different today. I think he was okay with that, but he got upset because someone was not sitting in their seat so he took it upon himself (lol) to go take one of their star dollars away from them, since that is what his teacher would do. When his other teacher told him that he could not do that, the meltdown occurred. He couldn't seem to get it back together for awhile after that. Oh, and did I mention that it was also picture day? He then had to go with the rest of the class and get their group picture taken. Apparently, his face and eyes were all red from his meltdown. So, I will always have a reminder of his meltdown today...

I am so blessed to have a great support system. My friend is a teacher at Bug's elementary school. I sent her an email and she went to check up on him and took him with her class to get his individual picture taken. She also went back later to check on him and she informed me both times that he was fine and had gotten himself back together. I honestly do not know how I would get through the 3 1/2 hours that he is in school if she were not there. I feel bad for other parents who do not have what I do. I would have run right down to the school and would have been tempted to bring him back home with me. My friend says that she is proud of me for not going down there. She said that he needs others to help calm him besides me. I am always saying that I don't know what my husband will do if something happens to me. Bug depends alot on me. I don't really know what to do to make things different. If my son can't depend on me, then who can he depend on?

No comments:

Post a Comment