Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Seeing a light at the end of the tunnel...

So, I am finally starting to feel better after the meeting at school last week.  It wasn't a bad meeting, I just always leave feeling frustrated and helpless because I can't fix everything like I want. 
There were suggestions made that I need to do before school and some for the teacher to do in the classroom.  I am pleasantly surprised that Bug has responded well to the changes.  Normally, he DOES NOT like changes in routines.  Having the weighted blanket on the way to school is now his favorite!  He wants it everytime we get in the truck to go somewhere.  He says that he feels so much better when he gets out of the truck, makes me happy :) 
Day two wearing the compression shirt has been good too.  He really seems to love it.  His teacher told me that he was proud of the shirt yesterday and had to show it to her.  Yay!  Makes me happier :)
He also told me yesterday that his OT didn't come to see him, so he used the brush on himself.  Wow!  I didn't think he realized when he was feeling the sensory overload.  So, maybe he will respond well to the "Alert Program"  that the OT is going to implement.  WooHoo! 
So, maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel...a faint light, but I am seeing it.

1 comment:

  1. Yay I am so proud of Bug!! And Momma!! I'm glad he's adjusting well and you feel more relaxed. I know how big that is for you!
    Welcome to bloggy land!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete